Monday, April 6, 2009

Looking Up!

After a very trying week at school, it was nice to enjoy the weekend!

On Friday I took 5 girls home with me. Well we didn't go home, we headed off to McKenzie's art lesson. So I dropped Kenzie off at her class at the community center and the four girls and I went to the grocery store to get stuff for a picnic!! Then we went back and got Kenzie and headed to Claudia's house. The girls ate and played on the trampoline and swam and had a grand old time! The adults? We watched a movie, Burn After Reading. Different, but pretty funny. I took Becca, Kacey and Rachel home with me and left Carlie and Kenzie with Claudia. Mike and I went to bed around 11:30 and apparently the girls didn't go to sleep until 3! Ugh.

I got Rachel up early because she had a Girl Scout thing to go to. She came back around 11 and the girls, plus the neighbor girl Kiera played all afternoon. McKenzie came home around 3 and Kiera and Kacey went home. Then Michelle came to get Rachel, Rebecca and Kenzie and took them to her house! Yes, it was a crazy day with lots of little girls running everywhere.

At 5 Mike and I went to the Martin-Vegues and we all headed down south to Marissa's wedding. It was a beautiful semi-Jewish wedding and we had a wonderful time. Good food, lovely people and dancing. Plus open bar. ;) We didn't get home until after one, so we slept in. I woke up dehydrated and with a major headache and I DIDN'T DRINK ANYTHING!! I even took a nap. Outside of a load of laundry and some dishes, I didn't get much accomplished. I went and got the girls around 4 and helped Mike pour some concrete. He built a little concrete pad on the side of the houses to keep the garbage cans on. We got ticketed for a code violation from the city a few days ago because our garbafe cans are visible from the street. Oh Puleeze! There are at least 4 or 5 abandoned houses on our street that haven't been mowed since Christmas and we get the citation? We have one of the best looking yards on our entire street. Ugh. Anyway, we still need to put up a screen or plant a bush or something, but the hard part is over.

Tonight Mike and I took the kids out to dinner. Nice to just relax. But now I have a stack of papers to grade before the big game starts. Later!!

1 comments:

Mike said...

What you have to put up with. You had to put up with my dancing on Saturday night (I never stepped on her feet :)), and then pouring concrete on Sunday. The concrete pad a has a slight slope away from the house and I am sticking with the story that we planned it that way.