Sunday, November 2, 2008

A little game called "Husband Tag"

I'm stealing this idea from Nicole. Thanks for the idea, Nic!

1. Where did you meet your husband? We were both going to Gonzaga and I had just joined the men's crew team as a coxswain. The first time I saw Mike he was late coming in to practice (Shocking, I Know) and he set his textbooks (why didn't he have a backpack??) before he got on an erg. I can't exactly remember the titles of the books but I think it was Advanced Calculus and Analytical Chemistry or something like that. So I knew right away that he was smart as well as very good looking. I decided to forgive the always late part.


2. How long did you date before you got married? We dated for about 2 1/2 years before becoming engaged and got married when we had been dating for 3 years, 3 months and 5 days. (I'm weird about this kind of stuff)


3. How long have you been married? Thirteen years this past June.


4. What does he do to surprise you? Ha. Ha. That's funny. He doesn't surprise me frequently, but once, for Christmas, he really surprised me by contacting our wedding photographer and buying all the negatives from our wedding so that I could have all the photos that were taken. I had been having a hard time putting together a wedding scrapbook because all I had were a few snapshots. The professional photos were all in an album and didn't copy well (which was against the copyright, too) so Mike decided to get me the negatives so I could do the wedding album the way I wanted. You're sniffling aren't you? That's alright. I bawled like a baby I was so overwhelmed and touched by his thoughtfulness.


5. What is your favorite feature of his? Eyes, for sure.


6.What is your favorite quality? Honesty and deep-down goodness


7. Does he have a nickname for you? Nope.


8. What is his favorite food? Almost anything, but he loves it when I bake for him (peanut butter cookies, coffee cake, apple crisp, etc)


9. What is his favorite sport? He likes to golf and watch college sports and MLB.


10. When and where did you first kiss? March 13, 1992 in Riverfront Park, in Spokane, Washington, overlooking the falls.


11. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? We like to talk, hang out with the kids, and eat out.


12.Do you have children? Yes, 2 girls


13. Does he have any hidden talents? Hmmm. . . apparently not, because I can't think of anything.


14. How old is he? 36


15. Who said I love you first? He said "I think I'm falling in love with you," and I said, "I know I'm falling in love with you."


16. What is his favorite music? Classic Rock I would say although he doesn't listen to music all that much. I think in the car he listens to talk radio when he is by himself and when the kids and I are with him, he lets us control the radio, which is really very sweet.


17. What do you admire most about him? In 16 years he has never once lied to me. He doesn't have a deceitful bone in his body.


18. What is his favorite color? Red


19. Will he read this? I hope so.


20. People I tag: Carolee, Lisa, and anyone else who would like to participate.

0 comments: