Tuesday, February 3, 2009

He Loves Me

Just a little story to illustrate that after almost 17 years, my husband still loves me.

We took Sophie for a walk tonight, a new nightly ritual, and it was fairly cold. I was wearing a fleece jacket, Mike a fleece-lined sweatshirt. As soon as we left, I knew I should have worn something warmer! Brrrrrr! Two blocks later I was starting to shiver. So Mike offers to switch with me. What?? You want to wear my fleece? Sure, he says. So we switch. I got the warm, cozy, oversize sweatshirt and Mike wore my fleece which just barely covered his elbows and maybe reached his belly button. If that's not love, I don't know what is. Romantic, he is not. But the boy still loves me.

2 comments:

Karrie said...

What a sweet guy, I think that it is an age thing though. I think that age and wisdom are something that come with time. I think our "boys" are finally growing up and proving it.

Anonymous said...

Oh... that's such a sweet story!

Becca