Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

This post isn't really going to be about St. Patrick's Day, just an update on what we have been up to. The girls and I just got back from a quick trip to Sam's Club where we had dinner and stocked up on groceries and books (there aren't any bookstores within 20 miles of our house, so we make due).

FCATS are over. McKenzie took her last session today. It was over for me yesterday. Becca only had two tests so she was done last Thursday. Now the trick is to keep my students motivated to learn through the end of school! It's so hard when the students have already taken their end-of-year assessments. Spring fever has already hit hard, too, with scuffles, skirmishes and fights erupting everyday. I almost had a fight in my room today during sixth period. Two girls came in yelling at eachother and it just kept getting louder and louder and I had to step in between them. I think if one of them started swinging though I would have stepped out of the way!

The weather has been really fabulous here, warm and dry, but now we are dealing with a long-term drought. Our grass is just about dead. Mike and I are having a hard time deciding how much money to put into our yard when the value is going down, down, down. We have been talking about replacing the grass, putting in a sprinkler system, screening in the porch, landscaping the back, etc. but then it seems foolish to put more $ into our house. So we talk, and talk some more, but keep putting off making any decisions.

That's about all for now. We are just busy with school, work and housework, that kind of stuff. Wish there was something exciting to share, but I can't really think of anything!

0 comments: