Saturday, March 7, 2009

I passed!!

This morning I drove up to Melbourne (about 85 miles) and took my ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) certification test. Not having my ESOL coursework done was apparently the reason I wasn't granted tenure last year. I have three courses done and three to go, but found out that in the state of Florida you can also certify by taking two courses and passing the ESOL K-12 exam. So guess what? I took the test! I don't mind taking classes; I love learning. But the ESOL classes I took online two years ago were very time consuming and took up a full month of my summer break. I can't even fathom taking the courses during the school year. It would either take up all my free time in the evenings or all of my Saturdays for two months. And I definitely need my down time. The good news is I passed! Thank God. Now hopefully I can go on continuing contract (instead of annual) and have a bit more job security.

McKenzie, unfortunately, is still not feeling well. It started last Sunday with lethargy and some cold symptoms and has continued all week long. she has had fevers up to 102.5 but they con be controlled with Tylenol. She has had a stuffed up nose, cough, sore throat. I stayed home from work with her on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Mike stayed home Tuesday and took McKenzie with him to work on Thursday. I checked on her this morning before I left for Melbourne and her temp was 101.7. When will this crap go away?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kendra. I knew you would pass.

peer pressure made me do it said...

Way to go! That's fantastic that you passed and that you don't have to do 2 months of classes (gross)! Sorry your baby is sick. We've all got crud too. Hooray for Spring!