Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 11 Summer June 22

Drum roll, please! Today the room we attacked was the . . .

DINING ROOM!!

I was happy about that, because the dining room is pretty under control already and after tackling the office yesterday I really wasn't looking forward to cleaning another room! but I also know that the cleaning needs to get done! One wall of the dining room serves as a craft room with all my art/scrapbooking supplies. Shockingly, that area is pretty tidy, probably because I do very little crafting these days! So really all that needed to be done is clean the table off, mop the floor and dust some shelves. So here it is. . .

The cabinet against the wall holds all my stamps! Stamps that haven't seen the light of day for months! The table is from a yard sale in Austin. It actually has another leaf that allows it to expand to 108 inches. And the chairs are also from a yard sale with chair covers that I sewed last summer. the curtains have been up for 4 years or so. I have always wondered if I should find curtains that go all the way to the floor or do they look ok the way they are?

In the afternoon we stopped by Pei Wei on the way to Kenzie's art class. Rebecca wrote about Pei Wei for a homework assignment (it was a descriptive writing activity about your favorite restaurant) several months ago and I happened to mention it on a post on PeiWei's Facebook page. A marketing assistant contacted me and sent Becca $30 in gift certificates and a coupon for free lettuce wraps!! See? Doing your homework does pay off!! So lunch today cost us $0.87!

Kenzie worked on apples at her art class today and Becca and I went shopping!! We hit a consignment shop (we struck out there), Home Goods and TJ Maxx, and a shoe store. I picked out two new lamps from HomeGoods that I love, but ended up taking back. They were crystal and chrome with gray organza shades and I really did love them, but I didn't love the way they looked in my bedroom, so back they went. At TJ Maxx Becca found some more shorts and a cute top and I found a knit top in a pretty raspberry color. Three hours of shopping was hard on us. Becca and I both ended up with aching feet!!

0 comments: