Friday, December 19, 2008

My Little Nerdlings

Have I ever mentioned that my children are brilliant? Not just the my mom thinks I'm brilliant kind of brilliant, but the I'm-headed-to-Harvard kind of brilliant. Progress Reports went home yesterday. On the teacher end I deal with many kids who look at me in disbelief when they take home that D or F. "What do you mean I got an F. I never do any work but that shouldn't affect my grade, right?"

On the parent end, progress report day is a great day! My kids each brought home straight As. Not just ordinary A's but the over 95 and even over 100 type of A's. I'm so proud. Bet you couldn't tell.

Speaking of nerdlings. . . we have a friend visiting tonight who is every bit as nerdy as my own two geeks. Becca and her friend were talking in the back seat about what they want to do when they grow up. Becca said that she wanted to be a famous writer (this is a new one), but didn't think it would really happen. Her friend's goal? To solve the mystery of the disappearance of Jamestown. When I asked if she wanted to be a researcher, she said, "No. I want to be a historian. Actually, a presidential historian." What eight-year-old spits out, "I want to be a presidential historian?" What happened to being a ballerina? It just goes to show that our little friend is probably headed to Harvard, too.

Big NerdlingLittle Nerdling

Honorary Nerdling

3 comments:

The Holland Family said...

Sometimes life gives you those little payoffs. I had one last week with Devin and his violin. Makes it all worth it huh? Merry Christmas! Love Nic

peer pressure made me do it said...

I feel the nerdling love. Marcus still insists on the paleontology thing and Bella wants to be a doctor. Bragging moment, Marcus was nominated to go to DC to participate in a leadership conference. I know thousands of kids are nominated but we were pretty proud. Long live the nerds!!!

Kendra said...

If you can't brag on your own blog then what's the point? Congratulations Marcus!