Thursday, January 22, 2009

If You Can't Change the Problem, Change Your Thinking

Okay, well, I'm on a more even keel today. Had time to process a little bit and realize a few things. The things that were there, but not really making sense the other day. I still have "issues" to work through, but I don't feel quite so overwhelmed!

Two things have helped me and brought me some comfort. The first was the necessary step of counting my blessings, something I probably don't do often enough. I have a wonderful, supportive husband, two fabulous, bright, amazing children and everything else is gravy. It never hurts to take the time to look at everything in your life and remember the blessings. My life will never be perfect, but it's time I started to appreciate all that I have.

The second was the realization that no matter what everything will be okay. God hasn't steered me wrong yet and I'm obviously on the path that I am am for a reason, even if it's not apparent to me. An old friend helped me remember that our lives are most at peace when we accept the will of God. That's a hard lesson for me. . . but one that I am working on.

2 comments:

peer pressure made me do it said...

Sounds like you are doing better. I'm so glad. I love you and know that things can get better. Just hang in there. Stiff upper lip. Keep your chin up. All that crap ;).

Anonymous said...

I think we all have been in your shoes a time or two, o.k. or even more. Last March was my wake-up call and I am glad to see you are on a better path today. Love you, Karrie