Monday, January 5, 2009

My Sanctuary

For our friends and family, near and far (mostly far), who haven't gotten a chance to visit us here in sunny Florida, here is a photo tour of our bedroom (not quite as pretty as a designer showroom, is it?).

We bought the furniture about a year and a half ago. Prior to that we had an old dresser of Mike's, an old TV cart for a nightstand, a bed from DI, and two bookcases from Wal-Mart. Big improvement, huh? The paintings we bought to commemorate our 13th Wedding Anniversary. And the chair? I got it at an antique store in Snohomish for $50 and slipcovered it myself. Not a bad job, if I do say so myself. The lamps are a mishmash and I am considering replacing them. The paint color was here when we moved in and we haven't bothered to change it. I think it's a good neutral color, but a little bland, maybe? I'm not particularly good at the whole decorating thing, so any advice would be appreciated!

1 comments:

The Holland Family said...

Totally cute. If you are looking for lamps, I found darling cheap ones at Family Dollar. (do you have those in Florida?) Anyway, lamps are fairly cheap. These were $10 each and very cute. You do a fine job of decorating. Love Nic